Quick Tip: How to Embed a Paper.li Widget on Your WebsiteJuly 9th, 2013
Today millions of websites include a news section not only about company news but market news as well. Paper.li embedded on a website can provide an interesting and colorful way to run a news channel that gets updated automatically without any effort. In this article, you’ll discover the advantages of Paper.li news widgets and how to insert them on your Webnode website.
Paper.li is an application that lets you create your own digital newspaper by using sources that interest you. These sources are: Twitter and Facebook profiles, RSS feeds from blogs, or digital newspapers. But Paper.li goes beyond this. Because all news sources can be combined in the same space, in turn, you can just add them to your site. There are two widget types available:
How a news section can improve your website:
- If you miss time to keep your “blog” section updated, you can post news related to your interests. Create a separate section and insert the “Nomad widget” to a size of 698 (width) x 860 (height) as we explain below.
- For monitoring your brand, you can include a keyword and search for relevant news on Paper.li where the word appears.
- Content published on Twitter:
- If you follow interesting people, you can set your digital newspaper for showing their most relevant links.
- All news is categorized under one # hashtag. Perfect for keeping your news related to an event or a specific topic.
- Updates of blogs and newspapers through their RSS feed. All publications in one. Suitable for blogs about current events and teachers.
How to get the embed code for the Paper.li news widget:
First sign up at Paper.li and create your online newspaper. Once you’re done, go to Home and click on “Share”.
The procedure for getting both widgets is the same. Let’s choose “Nomad Widget” or “Headlines Widget”. Just click on the code, copy it, and then insert it on your Webnode website.
Embed code for the Paper.li newspaper widget
Tip: If you want to change the size of the “Nomad Widget” to enjoy more advantages, paste the text first in a notepad and change the following values: “width” to 698 and “height” to 860.
If you know the color codes, you can even change the background color by editing the values of “background: #” and “borderColor: #”.
Finally, go to your editor and insert the Webnode widget as an “Embed code”. If you don’t remember how it’s done, follow these instructions.
So, which Paper.li widget have you chosen for your website? Share it for all of us to see. And you know, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in comments. Be sure to also read the step-by-step guide for working with the website builder.