If you haven’t heard yet, Windows Live Messenger will be shut down this month. This is great news for you! Everyone who had Messenger is now switching to Skype. In this article, we’ll show you why you should have a Skype button on your website and how to add it. There’s never been an application that can be so advantageous.
Skype has more than 280 million active users (of which 44 million already have a Messenger account), for daily video calls, calls, chats and more. But best of all, it offers a free way to stay connected with your web visitors. See the advantages of having a Skype button on the website of your business:
– It connects everyone: if your idea is to reach other markets, this is a tool used by millions of people.
– A Skype account is free for everyone: to have a Skype account, and to use it, is completely free for you and for your audience.
– Show more credibility and trust to your business: hearing the voice of another person says a lot, in addition to a more dynamic response to any questions.
– Customer service: via video call, voice, and chat. Solving a problem early is a great way to grow a business and reputation.
– Multi-access platform: not only can one connect to Skype via computer, but it also works on mobile phones, tablets, TVs and game consoles.
I want to add the button to my website!
If you don’t have a Skype account yet, you can register, download and learn to use the application from the same official website. Even if you were already a user of Windows Live Messenger and have an account on Hotmail or Outlook, you can use the same credentials to access Skype.
To add the Skype button to your website, the first thing you have to do is enter your editor in Webnode and select “More” to add the widget code in the “Embed code” window, as shown in the following screenshot:
Insert the code below in the window. Then replace the text “your SkypeName” with your Skype username.
When done, press “OK” and publish your changes. You’ve just added a free video calling service to talk to your visitors from around the world.
Do you want to build your own website using a website builder? Try the step-by-step guide.
If you’ve set up your Skype button, share it with us!