Quick Tip: How to Add Google Street View to Your WebsiteJune 4th, 2013
If Google Maps already shows the exact location of your business, Google Street View takes this functionality two steps further by providing a new dimension: more visual, informative and dimensional. Thanks to the combination of a map and an interactive window to the real world, you’ll improve visitor experience to your website as well as to your business. And now you’ll find that adding a Street View map to your site is twice better. In this article, we’ll explore how this “treasure map” can benefit you and how you can add a Google Street View map to your web page.
Google Street View is an alternative feature to Google Maps and Google Earth. It offers an overview of specific locations. What makes it different from a map is that it lets you see the true appearance of a location, the surroundings, in the form of images.
Reap these benefits with Google Street View
- Use it when the location of the street makes it hard to locate your business. Because of the possibility to show the map and image, it provides twice the information in the same space.
- If the advantage of a product lies in its location, a map can help attract more customers to the business, such as deals on hotels and apartments and sites about travel destinations and tourist routes.
- Street View maps are part of the Google database. This helps the position of your website in search as we saw in this article.
How to get the embed code to use as a widget on your site
- Go to Google Maps and write the address in the search bar at the top. Once inside the map, you can see that there is an icon of a yellow man. Click on it (hold the mouse button) and drag it to the point that you want to see in Google Street View. You can only place the icon on the blue lines.
- If you want to see the map in the lower half of the window, click the arrow in the red circle.
- Now, click the “chain” icon and copy the code that appears in “Paste HTML to embed in website”.
- Finally, go to your editor and insert the widget to your Webnode site in Other – HTML code. If you don’t remember how to do this, click here.
Having a map of Google Street View provides a virtual chance to visit your website and your business. If you have any doubts, or you’d like to share your website, don’t hesitate to do so in the comments!