Add Videos in Expanded View to Your Website Using Vimeo or YouTubeSeptember 27th, 2013
Widen the maximum size of embedded videos on your website and make the most out of your content. Every day, video portals, just like content creators, are doing more and more to offer higher quality videos. So why not use it to your advantage? If videos on your website are important to you and your visitors, you’ll definitely find this article useful.
A big screen has always had the great ability to fascinate viewers. Video portals like YouTube or Vimeo know this very well. These sites work to improve the benefits that you, the viewers, enjoy. In addition, visitors are often not aware of the button that expands the video to full screen, not having to leave the website. Usually, they just click on the video and jump to YouTube or Vimeo – so you lose your visitor.
How to Upload Expanded YouTube Videos
- Sign in to YouTube and find the video you want to insert into your website.
- Click “Share” – “Embed”, and customize the width of the video. The system sets the height ratio automatically.
- Copy the HTML code highlighted in blue and embed it on your website. If you don’t remember the process, follow these instructions.
How to Upload Expanded Vimeo Videos
- Sign in to Vimeo and choose the video you want to add to your website. Once you have it, look for the “Share” button.
- In the window displayed, click on the label “show options” to set the video in more detail. Set the width of the video first (bottom of the window) and then copy the code highlighted in blue (top).
- Go to your Webnode website and publish the video with the embed code.
Recommended Sizes for Use in Webnode
Each template adapts to the different needs of each webmaster. So when you set the size of your videos from YouTube or Vimeo, these are the best measurements for the different layouts:
940 px (wider design)
700 px (common design)
Which video player do you prefer on your website, YouTube or Vimeo?